Circle of Joy and Sorrow

Everything that exists is in a manner the seed of that which will be. -Marcus Aurelius

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Divine Bunny Hunter God

Now I used to have a lot of friends who were bunnies. Granted that was a while ago, and granted none of them grew up to be Wiccans, or even remotely of the species Paganus. But I want to go on the record that I used to love them, and not just with pineapple sage.

I almost killed a bunny of the furry variety last night, and while I don’t believe in signs (only the missed of the warning variety), I got to thinking out there on the dark highway about what I could possibly add to the astounding series of articles on “bunnyhunting” just posted on “The Juggler.” See: http://thejuggler.blogspot.com/

Olive’s a fairly active political pagan. To call yourself “active” you need to attend at least one political meeting a week, and volunteer regularly on at least one campaign. Attending an occasional demonstration or signing a petition or reading the Sunday paper are good, but not enough.

On the Cauldron boards recently, I was informed by an erstwhile bunny that I actually was completely wrong about the political reality in this country. And to even voice a political opinion is to accuse all bunnies present of not being informed about politics, which golly they are, because I don’t know, the faeries tell them.

Yes, Virginia, the CNP exists. They’re not the monster under the bed; they’re a non-elected body setting national policy on the Middle East. And I am just sick to death of bunnies basing their understanding of the world and human nature on a couple of nice Christian neighbors. We all have neighbors.
Technorati Tags:
, , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger Alejandro Vila said...

hola ,entre a invitarte a ver mis esculturas en metal y a que me dejes una opinion ssobre ellas, ademas de pedirte me ayudes a difundir mi obra entre tus amigos y conocidos, desde aca te mando un abrazo parea ti y los tuyos.
www.alejandrovila.tk

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

Thanks for your commments. I didn't catch them right away because I'm silly. I'll be back to look around your blog later. It seems to be something of interest for me.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger omelas said...

Hey Jackie, not a problem. Thanks for stopping by, and Merry Beltane!

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger omelas said...

So I got myself a translation on the above spam, and I've decided that it says "free graphics of cute animal scultptures." Which is of course nothing but convienence, but hey, what ever works for me, right? -snark-

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how this post made me laugh! Great stuff - astute AND funny. What a way you have when making your point.

Andy over at spicycauldron.com x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home