Circle of Joy and Sorrow

Everything that exists is in a manner the seed of that which will be. -Marcus Aurelius

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Epona Gets Her Shop On

Now we need some serious chatter in the pagan community over our occult shoppies. You can get plaster women with naked breasts. You can get ten dollar love candles. You can get another pentacle necklace. You can shell out for some lip balm you never use because it’s just a pain in the tail to apply. You can pay twice the commercial rate for stick incense.

Community bulletin boards? Good. Public rest rooms? Good. Little dram bottles? Good. Bumperstickers to amuse Epona? Good. 90% knickknacks? Not as much.

Show me the ritual tools. And I don’t mean a hideous Egyptian athame. I mean an iron cauldron you can do more with than stick a tea light in the bottom. I mean a respectable chalice or a nice selection of drums. (Read: more than I have fingers for.) Rattles? Tambourines without cheesy wolf pictures? Ritual broom of the actual size of a broom?

So let’s go down the roll call: Spark of Spirit, Turning Wheel, Crystal Fox. Show me the cauldron. And not a tinsy insy weeny little itty bitty iron bowl. And yea, how about pagan shirts that aren’t billboards for a fantasy convention? And I’m tired of buying ten dollar candles as a form of pagan charity. When they don’t even show me the men!! ;)

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger omelas said...

Now see, it is spam if you don't have the good graces to at least pay the blogger a compliment. You don't even tag on "cool blog." Which just leaves me pissed off after I got excited seeing that little "1 comment" on the end of the post. As for what you're pushing... ah I haven't a clue yet how to use xml and iCal yet. It took me two hours to read through "A Consuming Experience" in order to learn how to add technorati tags. So I really don't feel all that adventurous. But you could ask that blog to review your product. I'd say Cheers, but I'm still in a snarky mood over the lack of the compliment. Olive.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Inanna said...

Hear, hear, on the pagan shop comments!

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger omelas said...

A compliment! Thank you Inanna!

[doing the happy dance around the apartment]

Yeah, sad when you can rely on Target better than four whole local shoppies. Sigh.

Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home